Updated: Sep 15, 2022
Why are some people successful while others are not? How can you predict if you or someone else will be successful? Each goal requires different skills and actions, so it’s difficult to create a list of attributes that covers every type of goal. Completing a marathon requires a different set of steps than writing a novel.
Here are some characteristics that help to make success more likely:
1. You know what you want. Success is a narrow line. It’s almost impossible to hit it on accident. You must know your target. The average person isn’t clear
on what they want. Consequently, they get average results. Be clear on what you want and you’re one step closer to being successful.
2. You have predominantly positive feelings when you think about your goals. A great way to gauge the likelihood of achieving a goal is to think about it and see how you feel. If you’re excited and motivated, that’s a great sign. If you clench up, you’re going to struggle.
3. You take action daily. At the end of the day, you must take consistent action to be successful at anything. There’s no amount of hoping, praying, planning, or sending positive mental messages to the universe that’s going to remove those unwanted pounds or put a shiny, new Porsche in your garage.
4. You’re organized and reliable. Conscientiousness is strongly correlated with success. If you’re organized, complete tasks on time, and are less likely to procrastinate than the average person, there’s a great chance you’ll be successful.
5. You’re not afraid of failing. Most people are too afraid of failing to even try. Having the right attitude about failing makes it much easier to be successful. Fear of failure leads to excuses and avoidance. This isn’t the way to achieve success.
6. You invest in yourself. It’s important to continue becoming a better version of yourself. Take the time to read books, learn new skills, attend courses, and become a more capable version of yourself. Investing time, money, and energy in yourself will pay off for the rest of your life.
7. You have self-awareness. This means you know your strengths and weaknesses. You know how to motivate yourself when your motivation is dwindling. You can deal with your emotional ups and downs. You know how to manage yourself.
8. You have a mentor. Why make all the same mistakes everyone else has made that has previously traveled the path you’re on? A mentor can greatly cut your learning curve and help you to avoid mistakes. The right mentor can save you a lot of time and pain.
If you’re chasing after a goal, see how well your situation matches this list. It will give you a good idea if you can expect a positive outcome, or if some modifications need to be implemented to increase your odds of success. Next step is to develop the skills and attitude it takes for success.
How successful do you want to be?
If you feel the passion and desire about your dream business. You’ve gotten over the first hurdle. Now what’s next?
If you are new to the business world or lack the foundation you think you need, check out the Ultimate Guide to Creating Your Soul-Aligned Business: 25 Practical Strategies from the Experts. It’s a great business book I wrote along with 24 other amazing business owners who share their stories and strategies of success.
Success is defined differently to different people. If you feel stuck, try joining our free membership at NLBP specifically designed for the soul-aligned entrepreneur. The training is targeted on the problems and obstacles in your current business to ensure you create momentum. It’s all about small group interaction, strategizing, and deploying a solid plan for your business.
I look forward to seeing you soon!